This unique cross design features a variation of a trefoil (fluer de lis) style cross with twining tri-budded foliage, all heavily symbolic of the Trinity.
This design is from The Embroidery Pattern Catalogue
, a publication offering iron-on embroidery transfers that was published in the mid to late 1800s by the Thomas Brown & Sons company of Manchester, England. Many of those traditional Christian patterns were hand drawn reproductions of designs from the 13th
centuries, a period when ecclesiastical art, especially the stunning English needlework, was in its glory.
When digitizing for machine embroidery we attempted to stay as true to the original design as possible.
- This design is available for the 4" x 4", 5" x 7", 6.25" x 10.25" and 7.75" x 11.75" hoops.
- The sewn out size for the 4" x 4" hoop is 1.80" W x 3.46" H with 4,282 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 5" x 7" hoop is 3.53" W x 6.76" H with 14,091 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 6.25" x 10.25" hoop is 5.20" W x 9.93" H with 28,120 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 7.75" x 11.75" hoop is 6.09" W x 11.63" H with 37,814 stitches.
- This design has 2 thread colors.
- Click here for information about embroidery design selection and placement on communion linens.
You must have an embroidery machine to utilize our machine embroidery designs. We sell machine embroidery designs as electronic media (software) only. We do not sell embroidered "patches" or hard copy patterns.