Vintage Ecclesiastical Design 24
This beautiful border incorporates many Christian symbols: The Ave Maria is on a five-lobed shield (the five lobes representing the wounds of Christ on the cross); the fleur de lis elements symbolize female virtue and spirituality as a reference to Mary; and the cross with 3 "buds" at the end of each arm represent the Holy Trinity.
This lovely design was created specifically for vestments and is from the Embroidery Pattern Catalogue, a publication offering iron-on embroidery transfers that was published in the mid to late 1800s by the Thomas Brown & Sons company of Manchester, England. Many of those traditional Christian patterns were hand drawn reproductions of designs from the 13th and 14th centuries.
- This design is available for the 5" x 7", 6.25" x 10.25" and 7.75" x 11.75" hoops.
- The sewn out size for the 5" x 7" hoop is 6.15" W x 3.16" H with 23,466 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 6.25" x 10.25" hoop is 9.98" W x 5.85" H with 52,451 stitches.
- The sewn out size for the 7.75" x 11.75" hoop is 11.64" W x 6.83" H with 67,465 stitches.
- This design has 2 thread colors.
- This design is a continuous or repeating border.
- We recommend this design for experienced embroiderers.
You must have an embroidery machine to utilize our machine embroidery designs. We sell machine embroidery designs as electronic media (software) only. We do not sell embroidered "patches" or hard copy patterns.
- Instant Download!
- Thread chart included
- Product ID: 5107
- Price: $12.00